Thursday, 31 December 2015

The Editor's #London Diary 2015: July @britishmuseum @London_WestBank @theviewtube @vichollins @SpursOfficial


My review of London 2015 by Daily Constitutional Editor Adam…


July


Priceless Relic

High summer and an influx of visitors to London, including my own 85-year-old mother. We treated her to a tour of London in a black cab.

Here we are loading her into the goods lift at the British Museum to get her valued…





P.S and FYI, BTW: dashed fine high tea at the BM non-nom-nom…




Spray That Again
Also in July, I cashed-in my excellent Fathers' Day gift, a graffiti workshop at the Westbourne Gallery…




This vivid worskop was a crash-course in the graffiti artist's craft and it's A LOT harder than it looks. Thanks to Gab for all his patience

Olympic Cycling

The Olympic Park is now fully open to the public and is a perfect destination to idle away a day simply messing about on bikes…


The bike hire guys at View Tube couldn't be more helpful, the park is ideal for cycling (esp if you have kids with you)…

… and I had the finest sausage panini (and warmest welcome!) at the View Tube Cafe. Blindin' .






Come On You Spurs!

It was a busman's holiday up the Seven Sisters Road when I went on a guided tour of the Spurs stadium. Huge thanks go to Chichi & Jim who lead me on the most wonderful tour of White Hart Lane



Both guides were so knowledgable and welcoming, it felt as if they were guiding you around their own home. Their sense of pride was palpable. Thanks guys, it was an AMAZING tour!


Strike!

July also saw a couple of tube strikes. I walked to my Walks and then walked some more!

I was interviewed by Victoria Hollins from the BBC



…about my experiences on tube strike day.

My daughter's friend saw me on the BBC news and asked her mother, with great deal of suspicion in her tone, "What's Isobella's daddy doing on the TV?"

Here's my route…



… a total of 15 miles.


And here I am soaking my feet in my daughter's paddling pool the very next day. Aaaahhhhhhhh…






Next time… August





A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.









Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment