Wednesday, 30 December 2015

The Best of 2015 On The Daily Constitutional August: More Tube Strike! #London2015



Our 2015 review…


Tube strike diary from AUGUST… 

As the tube stations begin to close and the trains grind to a halt, Daily Constitutional Editor Adam writes…



Tomorrow's tube strike will force a many a Londoner to seek out alternative travel arrangements. I'll be just one of those Londoners. As regular readers will know, Thursday is my busy day both here at The Daily Constitutional and out and about with London Walks. 

During the last tube strike a few weeks ago I grabbed the opportunity to make my commute as interesting as possible. Leaving my North London home at around 9:30a.m, with the i-Pod set to shuffle, here are a few of the things I wouldn't otherwise have seen on my alternative 15 mile commute by foot…

Thistles on Hampstead Heath

Nearing Little Venice

Prophesy in St John's Wood?

Three bears. Here's one…


…and two more in Kensington Gardens

The Round Pond 

Selfie in the window of my favourite gents outfitter, Hornets of Kensington
Heading East after leading the Kensington Walk

A supper the weight of my head at Chipotle justified by calories burned on walk (see below)

Rush Hour Londoners take to the water

On a bus at last, heading north on the Holloway Road and home






A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.









Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment